Thursday, February 08, 2007

Thoughts from the Blogosphere

Here's some interesting posts:

Matt Glover lets the distinction between emerging and traditional church dissipate as he ponders his journey through intensive engagement with both in a post entitled Why I chose NOT to critique the emerging church.
Matt says:
There are millions of different expressions of church, and I like some far more than I do others. But that doesn’t make them any more or less church. I’m fairly certain that the expressions I struggle with, God likes quite a lot. I’m absolutely certain that the average guy that I meet down the street who has no church experience couldn’t care less about what form a church takes.


Not strictly blogosphere, but Michael Duffy reflects on the Australian psyche:
We Australians like to think of ourselves as larrikins and rebels, but the truth is we're a bunch of sheep. This nation is one of the most overgoverned and overregulated on Earth. Foreign visitors often comment with surprise on local behaviour such as compulsory voting, almost unknown elsewhere in the civilised world, and pedestrians' reluctance to cross against the red light, even when a road is empty of traffic.


Here's a well-thought out Missional Apologetic Manifesto.

John Smulo has a rather more discomfiting description of what it means to "be like Jesus"

No comments: